Wednesday 28 July 2010

JUNQUE JOURNAL WORKSHOP
Early Saturday morning Bevlea & I headed out for the drive to Ro Bruhn's lovely, ecelectic home in the Dandenongs to do her 'Junk Journal' workshop.

Met some new artists & reconnected with some I hadn't seen for a while.

I didn't realise how large this journal is, must really learn metrics!
We made the covers and used stencils & masks & lots of paint to create lovely texture.

When  I came home, I decided to change the colours, now I have a lovely rich reddish cover.

We painted, stamped, collaged etc our way through the day, adding lots of 'junky' paper to make the internal pages.
Note to myself, must save more junk, including, flyers, menus etc. etc. etc...


A few days later, I decided to rummage through my collection of buttons & sewed them to the spine.
Lots more to do with this journal, as it will be an ongoing  project & one that I will treasure.
Thanks to Ro & her lovely husband for the day, great company, great food, great fun, great food, lots of laughs, great food, lots of ideas and, did  I mention, great food!!

4 comments:

Svetlana said...

Oh Lucy, you're so lucky to live close to such an great artist like Ro. The journal cover is beautiful.

Unknown said...

Totally agree Lucy.. had a fantastic fun day... looking forward to not only completing my covers, but continuing to add to, and work on the journal in the months to come

Love your red covers BTW!

ANNETTE HUSBAND said...

Gorgeous Lucy...LOVE the colours and buttons...just want to rech in there and touch it!!!

Glenda said...

Lucy, it is so beautiful and in real life even better than the pics show.
Well done, I am jealous I never knew about the workshop, but after seeing yours I will know save even more junk LOL