Monday 27 April 2009

New 'DJ' type journal






At the wonderful Creative Soul Retreat, DJ Pettit taught her journal class.
Unfortunately, I was too busy helping Bevlea to attend.
So a few weeks ago, Bevlea & I went to Eliza's home where she taught us how to make the complete journal.
Making the covers was really interesting, using lots of masks, gel medium, netting etc. etc.
Then after drying, we painted & painted, the results are just great!!
Eliza helped with the sewing of the pages & I just love the results.
I want to thank Eliza from the bottom of my heart for imparting her knowledge from the class & allowing us the use of her home,coffee, paints, coffee, gels, coffee
etc. etc. etc.
Let me know what you think.

2 comments:

Eliza said...

Oh Lucy the journal is really beautiful, I love it. The signature pages have turned out brilliant.

artbeckons said...

Wow! This is amazing stuff - incredible textures.