Friday, 2 April 2010

CREATIVE SOUL RETREAT 2010


Creative Soul Retreat is over and the entire event was WONDERFUL!!!
The tutors, Jan Harris, Laurie Mika & Susan Lenart Kazmer all bought their own magic & expertise to impart to the students.
Susan & Laurie bought along their wonderful sisters, Leslie & Cherie,who were a delight.
Also teaching were Judy Wilkenfeld, Ro Bruhn, Jen Crossley & Kelsey O'Mullane.
I managed to do 3 classes & had a ball!

Judy taught her class 'Just in Case'. We made a bound book using a method I have never tried before & the results were great!
She talked us through her own book & the symbolism of the stories attached to each page.
The class listened intently &, I have to say, I shed a few tears.
I haven't done much work on it yet, as I have yet to decide the subject.


Then I did an evening class on making a stamp,with the delightul Ro Bruhn. I have NEVER tried this before, but, with Ro's gentle manner & easy going nature, it was a breeze! Thanks Ro.
This is a picture of my first ever stamp!
I know it looks messy, but it WORKS!!!


The I did a day long class with the effervescent Laurie Mika.
Believe me, it is hard work conditioning  the clay! This was a class full of fun. Laurie is so patient especially with a clutz like me!
The results were fab, loved every minute of it!








All the feedback from the other classes was so positive.
Bevlea & Eva, you did a great job!
Bringing International tutors to this far away land of Australia is a feat in itself, but the results speak for themselves.
ROLL ON 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

Queen Of Toys said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Eva said...

Lucy ... WE (YOU included) did a 'fab' job too ... none could not done what was done without the links joined ... Bev (the Grand Master), YOU and me! Glad to work along side you Lucy!
Eva :-)

Ro Bruhn said...

Thanks Lucy for helping to make the retreat such a success. Your work looks fabulous and your stamp is fantastic.

Jen Crossley said...

You did an amazing Job with your creations Lucy Love what you did.
Thank you for all the work you and the girls do organizing the retreat you do a wonderful job